Good morning! Today is the Monday after a VERY full weekend. This is how I feel at the moment.
There isn’t enough coffee in this house to make me feel more awake.
Here’s what happened this weekend.
1. Julie Cantrell (New York Times Bestselling/Award winning/International rockstar of Christian Fiction) came to town. She was the keynote speaker at the Breathe Christian Writers Conference. Amelia Rhodes and I took her around ArtPrize (an art competition held in Grand Rapids). It. Was. Super-deeeeee-dooper fun.
2. I was part of a book signing/reading/event with four authors that I greatly (read: GREATLY) admire.
3. Breathe Conference was this weekend. Whew! A whole bunch of writers gathered to be inspired, rub elbows, guzzle coffee, etc. Breathe is my very, VERY favorite conference.
4. At the conference, something really exciting happened.
5. Immediately after I signed my Herbie Hancock (if you don’t get that joke, you need to watch Tommy Boy…NOW), I led a workshop on writing dialogue. It was a blast.
The conference was wonderful and I made some sweet friends and reunited with others (I got my hug quota for sure).
Oh! Also, I wrote a blog post for Amelia Rhodes’s Pray A to Z project. I wrote about my struggle with depression. Please go read it, comment, and pray for those you know who live with any form of mental illness. Compassion and mercy go a long way when given in love.
I hear you. I was dog tired yesterday. Today is slightly better. Slightly.
So glad that I got to hang out with you this weekend, even for a little time.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow! What a weekend! So happy about your contract! I can’t wait to see the new book. And I hope you get a nap today. 😉
It was so nice to see you on Thursday! Thank you for coming to support all the authors. You’re fabulous.
And, no nap for me today, unfortunately. Just lots of coffee. 😉
Eric reported that even he was exhausted on Saturday night, and all he did was visit bookstores all day while we were at the conference!
Well, in his defense, there are a lot of bookstores in Grand Rapids. 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
By the way, it was nice to meet you in person. Hopefully we’ll get to chat more another time. It was so crazy busy on Saturday!
Absolutely. It’s so nice to be with other people who do this weird thing we do!
Pingback: “I Can’t Hear You, God. I’m Too Busy Doing Stuff for You.” (Things I Said This Weekend.) | Jessie Clemence
It was indeed a great conference, and I am still trying to catch up on my sleep!
You will never know how extremely PROUD I am of you… I’m getting a bit faclempt! I love you!
Yay!!!!! A Betsy Carter comment. This makes me super happy! I love you!