Jot Writer’s Conference is one of my very favorite things. Why? Well, I have 10 reasons.
1. It’s free. No. Really. It costs nothing.
2. It’s one night. So you don’t have to take a day off work … unless you work at night. But you should do it. It’s only one night!
3. It’s at Baker Book House. It’s one of my favorite places in the world.
6. Tim Beals! He’s the owner of Credo Communications, my literary agency.
7. Kenneth Kraegel, author of King Arthur’s Very Great Grandson and the soon to be released Song of Delphine. He’s my favorite storybook author and illustrator. Also, he’s a nice guy.
8. Writers, writers everywhere! It’s a hangout for people who understand the writing life. It’s fabulous.
9. Icons Coffee. They seriously have the best chai in all the world.
10. The Weaklings. They’re the dudes who plan and put on the conference. Andy, Josh, Bob, Thomas, and Matthew are cool and fun and like the 5 little brothers I never had. Even though they’re all way taller than I am.
If you write or think you might like to, you should think about coming to Jot. It’s free…you have nothing to lose but a few hours of your time. If you don’t live in the area, I believe they’ll have a livestream set up. So mark March 13, 2015 on your calendar. Show up at 7pm (or a little before). I’ll be at the registration table, so make sure you say “hey” to me.
Oh! And after the 4 presentations, I’ll be leading a workshop on blogging. So, there’s that!