My kids just started school. I got my first “smarty pants” phone. I’m editing my second novel. This weekend I’m meeting editor(s) to talk about a third that I haven’t yet written. Tomorrow, I need to make dinner.
I feel like I don’t know a whole lot these days. Such as…
1. I don’t know what to wear tomorrow. I do know that most of my clean clothes are making me angry right now.
2. I don’t know how to check my voice mail. I do know how to use my phone as a flashlight.
3. I don’t know if this second novel is any good. I do know that it isn’t the worst thing I’ve ever read.
4. I don’t know if letting my daughter get hot lunch every day is good. I do know that it makes life WAY easier (especially since a peanut allergic kid in her class makes PB&J and NoNo&NO).
5. I don’t know if the idea for this third novel is too ambitious. I do know that it will stretch me.
6. I don’t know geometry. Not even a little. I do know that geometry nearly made me homicidal in 11th grade.
7. I don’t know what to do with the skin on, bone in chicken breasts in my fridge. I do know that, if anyone is reading this, they’ll give me pointers.
8. I don’t know if I’m ready for my kids to be this big. I do know that they’re growing no matter what. I’d better get all the snuggles I can!
9. I don’t know if the dishes in my dishwasher are clean or dirty. I do know that I’m too tired to check.
10. I don’t know if anybody read through all this. I do know that I wouldn’t have! Ha!
Your turn…tell me a few “don’t know/do know” things! And if you have a great idea for the chicken.