My kids just started school. I got my first “smarty pants” phone. I’m editing my second novel. This weekend I’m meeting editor(s) to talk about a third that I haven’t yet written. Tomorrow, I need to make dinner.
I feel like I don’t know a whole lot these days. Such as…
1. I don’t know what to wear tomorrow. I do know that most of my clean clothes are making me angry right now.
2. I don’t know how to check my voice mail. I do know how to use my phone as a flashlight.
3. I don’t know if this second novel is any good. I do know that it isn’t the worst thing I’ve ever read.
4. I don’t know if letting my daughter get hot lunch every day is good. I do know that it makes life WAY easier (especially since a peanut allergic kid in her class makes PB&J and NoNo&NO).
5. I don’t know if the idea for this third novel is too ambitious. I do know that it will stretch me.
6. I don’t know geometry. Not even a little. I do know that geometry nearly made me homicidal in 11th grade.
7. I don’t know what to do with the skin on, bone in chicken breasts in my fridge. I do know that, if anyone is reading this, they’ll give me pointers.
8. I don’t know if I’m ready for my kids to be this big. I do know that they’re growing no matter what. I’d better get all the snuggles I can!
9. I don’t know if the dishes in my dishwasher are clean or dirty. I do know that I’m too tired to check.
10. I don’t know if anybody read through all this. I do know that I wouldn’t have! Ha!
Your turn…tell me a few “don’t know/do know” things! And if you have a great idea for the chicken.
imho, bone-in, skin-on chicken is just a means to the end of precooked shredded chicken. I bake it at 350 w/o any seasoning or anything until it’s falling off the bone and then dice it and freeze it in gallon ziplocs for my next soup / casserole / chicken salad, etc. But if you’re looking for dinner tonight, baking it at 350 with teriyaki sauce or garlic and Italian seasoning and serving it next to a fresh loaf of bread works pretty well too. Add a bagged salad or warm up some frozen green vegetable and you have a complete meal.
Oooo…Italian dressing. That sounds yummy! Thanks, Sara!
I do know about marinating it in Italian dressing. I don’t know what else to do, because my wife does all the cooking.
I don’t know why I find “Heroes of Cosplay” so intriguing. I do know I hate back to school head colds. And blech chicken!
I think we’re starting the headcolds, here, too. 😦
And, hooray, chicken. You don’t like it?
Oh Susie, I love you!!!
I don’t know why my car keeps stalling randomly. I do know that I don’t want to pay a boat load of money to fix it!
This post made me smile, thank you! 🙂
I don’t know how I am going to be able to go back to work after a week off but I do know that come Monday morning I will have to be there.
I don’t know how I’m going to get through an entire year of 5th grade homework with a 5th grader who has a direct connection to outer space.
I do know that I am a much more loving and patient since my kids are in school this year!
Cute blog post-I loved it! 🙂
I do know that I have over ripe peaches on my counter. I don’t know if i will have time to freeze/can them. Oops!
I don’t know when I will see u next. I do know that I love you!